Washington DC: My Trip in Photos

15.4.15

If you follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, you'll know that I've been back in DC! The city is like my second home and it's been great to be back amongst amazing friends, gorgeous architecture and all kinds of fun!

Whilst my trip included lots of meetings and hard work, there was plenty of fun! Here's what I got up to.


Arriving at my friend's house, I was greeted with an amazing Easter basket filled with lovely goodies!


The next day, we went house searching (hello gorgeous properties along Foxhole Road!) This one is my absolute favorite.


Then an afternoon of shopping, including a trip to Neiman Marcus. Officially in love with this amazing dress!



On Saturday, we took a tour of the Capitol. It was fun to experience this sacred building and the area again after my time working here!





In the afternoon, we took a trip to Hillwood Museum and Gardens. If you live in the DC area and haven't visited- you must! I loved the 1940s kitchen - it was like something out of a film set! I also had fun with a regal looking lion.



The next few days were filled with meetings across the city. In the Smithsonian I spotted my pal, Tina Cassidy's great book about Jackie Kennedy!


I also attended the media launch of Nora Pouillon's new memoir, My Organic Life. Nora is the owner of the amazing Restaurant Nora and has cooked for Presidents and royalty! It was a lovely lunch with lovely company!


I also went by the White House for the standard 'House of Cards' moment...



I also explored Old Town Alexandria- I love the architectural details that are visible in the buildings across the city. The gorgeous little lights, brickwork and a piece of Wales in DC!

After DC I headed up to New York. Stay tuned for photos and details from this leg of my trip later this week! 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground