Uber Hometown City Guide: Washington D.C.

27.4.15

via
Washington D.C. A city of power, politics and pretty awesome things to do! I've been fortunate to live and work in D.C., and I regard it as my second home!

I'm partnering with Uber to share some of my favourite places in D.C. The places that tourists may normally not visit, and locations you can go to to experience a completely 'local' feeling. Read on for some great ideas!

To Visit: 

via
Hillwood Museum & Gardens: On my recent trip I visited Hillwood Museum & Gardens. During the time I lived in D.C. I never knew this amazing house existed! This decorative arts museum is the former residence of Marjorie Merriweather Post, a businesswoman, socialite, philanthropist and dedicated collector. The collection is filled with Faberge eggs and there is a stunning greenhouse containing a wide range of orchids. It's a must see!

Washington National Cathedral: This impressive building has played host for the funerals of Presidents as well as an episode of the West Wing! Head to the top of the tower for stunning views of the city and descend to the crypt to visit the final resting place of Helen Keller.

Old Town Alexandria: I'm lucky that my friends live in Old Town! It's full of charm and lots of history. I love to walk along the waterfront - you can spot the Capitol building in the distance!

To Dine:


via
The Hamilton: hands down, I love this place! Located two blocks from the White House, The Hamilton has a bohemian spirit and an even better American fare menu. I love the fish tacos, the Hamilton burger and the mint chocolate chip shake!

The Chart House: set on Old Town's scenic waterfront, this one seafood restaurant you don't want to miss. On a recent visit, I had dinner with a pal in the turret room- complete with a fire pit! The Atlantic salmon was to. die. for.


To Shop:
The Lucky Knot: located in Old Town, this is a preppy girl's idea of heaven! Vineyard Vines, Kate Spade, Smathers and Branson and Lilly Pulitzer adorn the shelves and you won't leave empty handed!

The White House Historical Association: for all your White House goodies, stop by the White House Historical Association! Here you can find the official holiday ornaments as well as a great selection of publications and gifts.

Mazza Gallerie and Pentagon City: my favourite stores are located in these two complexes. I love to hit Neiman Marcus for my slice of luxury, and Pentagon City for J.Crew and Nordstrom.

Uber is giving readers discount on their first ride up to $30 using the code RIDIN30. 
Thanks Uber! 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground