Investment Flats: Chanel + Ferragmo

10.4.15


I live the majority of my life in flat shoes, so when it comes to finding new ones, I need something that will last.

I like my flats to be classic. They have to be black, not overly fussy, but something that will stand out.

My first pick was a pair of Ferragmo Varina flats. I opted for the black patent version and bought them whilst in Toronto. They are the ultimate sophisticated shoe, and the classic bow is the perfect touch.

When I was in Paris in October I headed to Chanel to check out their ballet flats. They'd been on my list for quite a while and I was eager to see them in person. They had some gorgeous variations on the classic ballet style- tweed, patent, plain leather and quilted. After much decision making, I chose the patent toed version. (Notice a theme here?!)

Purchasing the Chanel versions in France saved me a bit of money, and these are the most comfy shoes I have ever bought. There was no need to wear them round the house to break them in- I took them straight from box to walking.

Whilst these shoes aren't cheap, they are certainly two items in my wardrobe that will stand the test of time and can be worn over and over. I was fortunate to save money by purchasing the Varina's in Canada, and also saving a substantial amount by purchasing the Chanel's in Paris.

There should be a place for investment pieces in every girl's wardrobe, and these flats form a solid place in mine!

What is your ideal investment piece? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground