Whilst Fall fashion is one of my favorite things, I'm also really passionate about Fall decorating trends. Having just purchased some new furniture for my study, I'm looking to see how else I can improve my living space.
Catie Parrish, a home style expert from Wayfair.com has given us some fantastic tips on how you can spruce up your home with this year's Fall decor trends.
To start, jewel tones are back and bolder than ever for fall, with splashes of bright amethyst, sparkling sapphire, warm gold, ruby red, deep purple, and blood orange popping up everywhere.
Tips on incorporating this tone:
- Experiment with these rich colors subtly through throw pillows, blankets, and small accessories.
- Amber, a cousin to of-the-moment citron, has all the boldness of gold without the sparkle. Try an upholstered chair or throw pillow in this color.
- Pair jeweled tones with deep neutrals, such as charcoal gray, chocolate brown, and black.
- Textured fabrics that reflect light help play up the drama of bold colors—think velvet, leather, and silk.
- If you're wary about combining too many jewel tones, stick to solid-colored accessories, which are easier to group together than patterned accents.
|Top left: Skyline Furniture Elgin Nail Button Storage Ottoman|
Kevin O'Brien Studio Dots Velvet Pillow
TAG Indigo Glass Votive Holder
Next, incorporate luxurious velvets in bright colors to your décor. From ottomans in Barbie pink, to tufted club chairs clad in brilliant cerulean blue, this fabric provides a plush texture and sense of cozy comfort that everyone can appreciate.
Tips on incorporating this texture:
- Velvet, while not necessarily fragile, is not super durable. Save this fabric for furniture doesn’t get heavy wear.
- Velvet is such a plush texture that a little can go a long way. Consider just a throw pillow or two.
- On the other hand, embrace this trend whole-heartedly by using velvet in your bedding (an unexpected surprise.) Velvet comforters truly are statement pieces.
|Top left: Pine Cone Hill Matte Velvet Quilt Collection|
Company C Braided Velvet Pillow
Eastern Accents Jackson Solid Velvet Curtain Panel
This season, we're seeing a surge in traditional menswear fabrics used on upholstered furniture, pillows, lamps, and more. By utilizing subtle patterns like tweed, herringbone, and pinstripe and pairing them with impeccable tailoring, you have the ability to craft a minimalist look that's crisp and sophisticated.
Tips on incorporating this trend:
- A cozy throw or pillow in a bold houndstooth print or nubby tweed texture is an easy way to incorporate this trend into your design esthetic without changing much. For a layered look, try a couple rows of pillows in an eye-catching mix of prints, patterns, and fabrics.
- Get a high-end look by pairing traditionally dark menswear colors such as brown, navy, or gray with creams, light blues, and reds. Accessorize with leather, tortoise shell, and hand-rubbed wood finishes to complete the look.
|Top left: AF Lighting Elements 1 Light Table Lamp|
Peacock Alley Veneto Square Pillow
Safavieh James Leather Chair