The Third Metric

8.6.13

HuffPo

With the on-going debate over Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In manifesto, I was interested to hear about The Third Metric conference taking place in New York earlier this week.

Hosted by two of my inspirations, Mika Brzezinski and Arianna Huffington, I was disappointed that I wasn't able to attend, but nevertheless enjoyed digesting the coverage of Thursday's conference.

The Third Metric aims to redefine success beyond the two traditional measures of money and power, tackling issues around health, well-being and the American workplace by proposing a new metric of success focused upon personal passion, fulfilment and life balance.

A number of influencers, intellectuals and corporate leaders spoke at the conference, which also hosted contributions from Valerie Jarrett, Jill Abramson, Senator Claire McCaskill and Katie Couric.

I'm really excited about how I can implement the Third Metric into my own life- watch this space!

To find out more about the conference click here. 


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground