Discovering DC: Hillcrest

31.5.13

This week, Discovering DC heads to Hillcrest with Manoucheka from Colour Me Glam! 

What's your history with Hillcrest and DC?
I moved to DC 7 years ago from Boston. At the time, I was convinced I was going to save the world as most young people out of college believe. I eventually landed on Capitol Hill working for Dianne Feinstein. Since then, I have settled in at a public relations firm in the city.

Discovering Hillcrest- what are your favourite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch?
I moved to Hillcrest in SE DC in 2009 and I absolutely love my area. This neighborhood  is a hidden jewel in the city and also home to some amazing houses. Hillcrest is also home to DC  Mayor Vincent Gray. While it is not as popular as say Dupont, I do believe its time is coming. One of my favorite restaurants which is a stones throw from my house is Pimento Grill. When the restaurant first opened, I think I pretty much resided there.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Hillcrest?
Going for a run through Hillcrest, in this neighborhood, you see some amazing views of the city.


For more posts in the Discovering DC archive click here. You can follow Manoucheka on Twitter here. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground