Discovering DC: Foggy Bottom

24.5.13

This week, Discovering DC heads to Foggy Bottom with Miranda from Pretty Squared! 

What's your history with Foggy Bottom and DC?

I’ve been in Washington DC, specifically the Foggy Bottom area, for approximately 7 years – how time flies! I first came to Washington DC in 2006 to attend college, and after graduation, I also attended law school here.  I adore living in the city, so I am hoping I can continue living and working in DC.

Discovering Foggy Bottom- what are your favourite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch?
Foggy Bottom is a crowded little downtown area, full of students, professionals, and tourists, but there are a ton of options when going out to enjoy the day and relax.  The Greek Deli on 19th St. has some of the best Mediterranean food in a 500 mile radius – the lines are long, the restaurant is cramped, but it all adds to the experience.  After a long day of exams or studying, I love taking a break with some yummy food and eating outside to watch the city action.  Because I’m a coffee aficionado (who in DC isn’t?), I frequent the Filter Coffeehouse on 20th St. Filter Coffeehouse baristas are true experts with pour overs, and their latte art and designs are absolutely lovely (ahem, Instagram worthy).  On Wednesdays, I always visit the outside farmers’ market which sets up right in the middle of the street.   From organic vegetables to delicious pastries and cheese samples, the fresh farm market is an easy way to stay healthy and support local businesses (all without ever leaving downtown).

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Foggy Bottom?
On Saturdays and Sundays, Foggy Bottom is surprisingly quiet – I love eating breakfast on our building’s rooftop and watching the Kennedy Center and the city skyline (yes, DC has a skyline).  With all the activity during the work week, strolling through the empty streets to go to brunch or sitting on a bench in the University Yard is the perfect way to enjoy the weekend.



For more posts in the Discovering DC archive click here. You can follow Miranda on Twitter here.

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground