Discovering DC: Arlington

17.5.13

This week Discovering DC heads to Arlington with Stephanie from Fortique! 

What's your history with Arlington and DC? 
I went to UVA and was fortunate enough to get a job here after graduation in tough economic times. My sister also lived here at the time, so it was a perfect fit!  I chose to live in the Ballston area to shorten my commute to Tyson's and keep close to everything the district has to offer.

Discovering Arlington- what are your favourite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch? 
I am a huge interior design junkie and love strolling around Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel in Clarendon.  South Moon Under is perfect for grabbing the last minute outfit for going out.  During the warmer months, the streets of Arlington are alive with people shopping, eating outside, walking dogs, etc., so my favorite thing to do is grab some dinner at Mexicali Blues and people watch.  For dessert, I love to stop by the Bakeshop, a local cupcake store, for a cupcake or cookie ice cream sandwich if they have them.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Arlington? 
There is so much to do, it's hard to pick!  I love either playing tennis at Quincy Park, watching a football game at Bailey's, or grabbing a cupcake or frozen yogurt and taking a stroll down Wilson!

Stephanie from Fortique

For more posts in the Discovering DC archive click here. You can follow Stephanie on Twitter here. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground